What you’ll learn from this course.
- Learn how to work with clients that don’t speak the same language or share the same culture.
- Make decisions in cross-cultural scenarios and get feedback on their communication choices.
- Make decisions in interpreting scenarios and get feedback on their choices.
- Reflect on how their culture can impact services for migrants and refugees.
- Identify why Australia needs organisations that can work with Australians born here and overseas.
This online training is divided into eight sections which you should complete in order. Each section takes six to eight minutes to complete and should lead to you understanding the following topics:
1. Introducing diversity
- How services work for all Australians
- The benefits and challenges of diversity
- Introducing Cultural Competence basics
2. Cultural competence & diversity
- How to respond to Cultural Diversity with Cultural competence
- Key government policies on diversity
- What is Organisational & Individual Cultural competence?
3. The settlement experience
- What are the different needs of migrants and refugees?
- Major challenges of settling in Australia
- How you can help migrants and refugees settle successfully
4. Language services & interpreters knowledge
- What are language services?
- Who can interpret in Australia
- When you need to ask for an interpreter
- How to get the right interpreter
5. Working with interpreters
- Finding the right interpreter for the task
- How to communicate effectively via an interpreter
6. Plain language & checking understanding
- How to identify plain language
- The practice of using plain language
- How to check for understanding with client
7. Managing cultural differences
- How cultural differences impact communication
- How to Explore your culture and how it can effect how you communicate
8. Avoiding harmful stereotypes & summary
- How to identify and avoid stereotypes
- Learn to use prior knowledge without stereotyping
- Course Summary